We welcome you to submit to any of these categories free of charge.
Information can be sent through the form on the contact page. Make sure you include all applicable information such as deadline dates, location, web address and/or contact information, and a short description.
Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts
The Bemis Center is housed in two urban warehouses totaling 110,000 square feet. Each artists is provided with a generously sized live/work studio with a private bathroom and 24 hour access to facilities including a wood shop, installation spaces, dark room and a large sculpture fabrication facility.
Duration: 3 months
Stipend: $750 month
Keyholder Residency Program
Lower East Side Printshop
New York, NY
- The Keyholder Residency Program offers emerging artists free 24-hour access to printmaking facilities to develop new work and foster their artistic careers. Residencies are free and one year long, starting on April 1st and October 1st each year, and they take place in the shared Artists’ Studio, including the solvent/etching area and the darkroom.
Keyholder Residency includes:
• 24-hour shared studio access
• $500 stipend
• storage space
• basic supplies (newsprint, blotters, solvents, cleaners)
• one free class in printmaking and consultations with Master Printers
• 20% discount on all Printshop classes
• free career development workshops
• free digital documentation of selected works produced during the residency
• inclusion in the Printshop's permanent collection
• opportunities to show new work in exhibitions and other public events presented by the Printshop
Banff Centre, Banff National Park
For artists in residence at the Centre, located in Banff National Park and surrounded by the awe-inspiring mountain vistas of the majestic Rocky Mountains, facilities accommodate the printmaker, painter, ceramist, photographer, and sculptor. Artists are encouraged to explore all our facilities, regardless of their primary discipline.
Cost: Approx. $100 per day
Centre D'Art - Marnay Art Centre
The programme aims to bring together artists in mid or advanced career stages from all countries and disciplines. Room and board are provided.
Duration: 1-6 months
Atlantic Center for the Arts
New Smyrna Beach, FL
A residency at Atlantic Center allows artists to devote time and attention to their art in a community of like-minded artists. Atlantic Center for the Arts provides workspace and equipment to create without interruption.
Duration: 3 weeks
Cost: $850 (one time fee)
18th Street Arts Center
Santa Monica, CA
The Residency Program provides subsidized studio space to artists and arts organizations depending upon need and the quality of residency proposals. Residents are given access to office and audio/visual equipment, and meeting space, event posting service to the internet, full representation on our website, and fiscal receiver services.
Duration: 1-12 months
The Anderson Ranch Artists' Residency Program
Snowmass Village, CO
- Finalists are chosen on the basis of artistic merit by an independent jury of established working artists and will live and work at Anderson Ranch for a approximately a ten week residency period.
- The residency is offered during two terms each year (approximate dates):
Fall Term: October 15 - December 20 (ten weeks)
Spring Term: February 1 - April 15 (ten weeks)
The application deadline for the Fall 2011/Spring 2012 Artists' Residency program is FEBRUARY 1, 2011 and must be submitted via our online application form. Notifications to applicants/recipients will be made by early April 2011.
The Instituto Sacatar in Brazil provides unstructured time and space for creative individuals to develop new work. Specifically, a Fellowship to Sacatar provides:
- Roundtrip airfare between the artist's closest regional airport and Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
- A private bedroom with attached bath
- A separate studio
- All meals (except on Saturday night, all day Sunday and holidays)
Elsewhere Collaborative 2010 - 2011 Residencies Available
Elsewhere Collaborative, a living museum and experimental production environment in downtown Greensboro, NC, is now accepting applications from artists, curators, writers, musicians, designers, gardeners, makers, builders, scholars, producers, and creatives. Elsewhere is set within a three-story former thrift store, boarding house, and warehouse containing one woman's enormous 58-year collection of American surplus, thrift, and antiques. Elsewhere residencies invites experimental creators to join our collaborating community in utilizing this immense collection of objects, no longer for sale and instead circulating internally, as material or inspiration for site-specific projects that become part of an endlessly transforming environment of objects and works. Artists live and work within interactive installations that provide evolving frameworks for investigating collaborations, community structures, and creative processes. Residency fellowship funding for travel, room and board, are now available in exchange for hosting an educational workshop during the residency.
Fundación Valparaiso Residency Program
The purpose of the Fundación is to provide a place where creative artists - writers, painters, composers, sculptors, visual artist, etc. - can concentrate on their work, free from the distractions and duties of daily life. The house is located in a very silent and peaceful area. The programme is open all the year, except March and August. Every month the Valparaiso Foundation gives 8 grants for a residency. Current application forms and more information can be obtained by writing to the manager. More details concerning Fundación Valparaíso, Mojácar and travel possibilities will be forwarded after the acceptance of the application.
Grants: Free board, lodging and laundry.
Expenses paid by artists: The residents are expected to pay their own travel arrangements to and from the retreat, including a medical insurance. They are also responsible for all working materials and personal needs.
Pilar Parra Ruiz
Apartado de Correos, 836
04638 Mojácar Playa
Saltonstall Arts Colony
Artists and writers who are NYS residents are invited to apply for month-long summer residencies at the 200-acre Saltonstall Arts Colony in Ithaca, New York. There are five artists in each session: one photographer, one poet, one prose writer, two painters, sculptors or other visual artists. The Colony is located in the heart of the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York.
Duration: 1 month
Modest stipend provided.
DEADLINE: MARCH 1
Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild
The Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild offers month long Artist in Residence (AIR) opportunities for visual artists, composers, playwrights/screenwriters, and writers of fiction, nonfiction and poetry. Longer residencies are available for ceramic artists. The AIR sessions generally occur during the months of June, July, August, and September. Our goal is to provide solitude in a community and uninterrupted time in which to concentrate on creative work alongside fellow artists. Opened in 1903, the Byrdcliffe Art Colony was placed on the National Register of Historic Sites in 1979 for its architectural and historical significance. It is located in the Catskill Mountains, 1.5 miles from the center of Woodstock, New York.
For more information or to apply, please go to http://www.woodstockguild.org/artist_in_residence/index.html
The Aurora Project
Allegheny Mountains, West Virginia
The Aurora Project encourages artists and scholars from a wide range of disciplines to apply, the limitation of available space and equipment being the primary restrictions. Collaborations may be possible with nearby facilities including access to a wood fire kiln, printmaking studio, a commercial glass blowing company and community arts opportunities. Private studios are open 24/7; simple, comfortable accommodations and three meals a day are provided.
Duration: 3-6 weeks
DEADLINE: BY DATE
DEADLINE: DEC. 31, 2010
Hrisy - Old School Residencies
The old schoolhouse has been decorated (facilitated) with three bedrooms and working area so individuals or groups can work their art. The Old Schoolhouse is centered in the small village on the south coast of the island, with a good view over the area, ca. 10 min. walk from the harbour. Population is about 200 persons.
Duration: 1 month
Cost: 225 - 290 EUR per month
DEADLINE: JAN. 15, 2011
Buenos Aires, Argentina
To find more information and guidelines about our Artist in residence Program, please click here:
To download the Application Form, please click here:
DEADLINE: JAN. 31, 2011
Arte Studio Ginestrelle, Regional Park of Mount Subasio Assisi
- to promote international artistic mobility and contemporary art in all of its artistic forms,
- to stimulate creativity through direct contact with nature and respect for the environment,
- to favour a moment of interchange of ideas on contemporary art,
- to set up artistic workshops, exhibitions, and open-air art along the paths of Ginestrelle, in the Regional Park of Mount Subasio.
DEADLINE: MARCH 31, 2011
New Delhi Residency
- New Delhi Residency is an opportunity for people in the creative field who would like to be based in Delhi for a short time (from a week to three months) and explore possibilities in their creative journey. It is entirely a private venture and the space (individual rooms or the entire place) can be hired on weekly basis.
- The two story building (3000 sq feet) in a residential area is a service apartment with simple infrastructure and basic ammenities (including wi-fi) to stay and work. It is located in the central area near a busy market place with easy access to all of the city.
- There are four self sufficient rooms (200sq feet) on split levels, certain common facilities for meetings, and a well equipped kitchen cum dining area on the ground floor. The basement (700 sq feet) can be an extension of the workspace or could be used for workshops, rehearsals or presentations.
- Please send your applications by email (email@example.com) with Artist CV, project proposal, tentatitive dates, duration of the stay, and two references in your respective field.
DEADLINE: DEC. 1, 2011
New York, NY
For the 2011 Residencies program, ArtsLink will accept applications from artists and arts managers working in visual and media.
Duration: 5 Weeks