We welcome you to submit to any of these categories free of charge.
Information can be sent through the form on the contact page. Make sure you include all applicable information such as deadline dates, location, web address and/or contact information, and a short description.
DEADLINE: BY DATE
Deadline: October 31, 2011
The Open West 2012 at Gloucester Cathedral
• The Open West is an annual open competition and exhibition inviting work from national and international artists practising contemporary and conceptual art in the fields of painting, installation, film and sound, textile, photography, ceramics, print, drawing, performance and sculpture. There are no geographical restrictions. Up to 50 artists will be included in the exhibition, each with the possibility of showing more than one work.
• The selected artists will show their work throughout the interior, the cloisters, the crypt and the internal gardens of Gloucester Cathedral. 2012 selectors - Daniel Chadwick, Iain Andrews, Lyn Cluer Coleman and Sarah Goodwin. The exhibition will run from 3 to 31 March 2012.
• An award of £500 will be made and award winner(s) will be offered a further exhibition in 2012 at the Gardens Gallery. the open west also provides the opportunity for artists to participate in an education programme, publishes a limited edition set of artists' prints, offers an artist's residency at the Meantime project space and runs a series of artists' conversations during the exhibition period.
Deadline: November 4, 2011
Beyond Printmaking 3
Beyond Printmaking: 2012 National Juried Exhibition is open to all media that push the concept of printmaking, either technologically or conceptually. Juried by Melanie Yazzie, Associate Professor of Art, University of Colorado, Boulder. Organized by Landmark Arts at Texas Tech University. Exhibit runs Feb. 3 – March 4, 2012.
Deadline: November 15, 2011
STOP & GO 3-D
• Stop & Go is a program of innovative stop-motion animations by contemporary visual artists and filmmakers, touring and screening internationally since 2008. The program showcases animations that use stop-motion techniques to explore visual language, tell stories and make poignant social commentaries. New animation work is being sought for the third installment of the program called Stop & Go 3-D. The program will screen hand-rendered stereoscopic and anaglyphic experiments that explore traditional 3-D animation produced using stop-motion. Animations that experiment with geometrical elements, pieces that are highly optical or those that comment on the current 3-D craze will also be reviewed. Please note that stop-motion techniques must constitute a significant portion of the work. Both narrative and experimental works will be accepted to this program. The audience will view most of the show through bi-colored red and blue spectacles.
Deadline: November 30, 2011
CUBE CULTURA Art Prize 2012
• CUBE CULTURA its offering an acquisition prize of 5,000 USD for the winner in the category of sculpture / installation and 3,000 USD for the winner of the mural.
• The full coverage of the production will be absorbed by CUBE CULTURA, including transportation and per diem for the artist.
Deadline: January 31, 2012
Kunstwerk Carlshütte, a non-profit initiative of the ACO Group, and the towns of Büdelsdorf and Rendsburg, organises the NordArt, an annual international exhibition of visual arts from June to the beginning of October. The art exhibited at NordArt is selected by a jury and features all visual art media. The exhibition in summer 2011 displayed the work of 250 artists from 55 countries, selected from 1200 applications from 72 countries. Curator of NordArt: Wolfgang Gramm.
Call to Artists/Curators for Exhibition Proposals
1708 Gallery, a 33 year old non-profit space for new art in Richmond, Virginia, is seeking proposals for our 2012-2013 exhibition season. National and international artists working in all mediums including, but not limited to, video and film, new media, installation, painting and social practices, and curators are encouraged to submit exhibition proposals. Current students are not eligible.
The ILIRI Creative Laboratory
• The ILIRI Creative Laboratory is approximately 1000 acres (405 hectares) of land at the UNSW Fowlers Gap Arid Zone Research Station in outback Australia that has been selected for exclusive use by artists and cross-disciplinary teams to explore their relationship with the environment and experiment with sustainable projects.
• At this site artists, architects, scientists, engineers - people concerned with the environment – can collaborate on projects that explore new ways of perceiving, interacting and living on a land affected by Climate Change. Projects can be completely practical or visionary; they may result in fully realised works, or as concept drawings.
- art:screen is interested in receiving new entries for future curatorial projects 2011/12. art:screen has gained a good reputation for its quality of programming therefore we often get invitations from video art festivals or screening events to curate programmes.
- art:screen is now looking for new, innovative and contemporary works and we only consider entries made by emerging and established artists that is art-form committed and is suitable to show as a single-channel projection.
Arts Magazine HTV de IJsberg
OPEN CALL by Karin Bos, visual artist www.karinbos.info and editor of arts magazine HTV de IJsberg. HTV de IJsberg is a bi-monthly non-glossy arts magazine based in Amsterdam (texts mainly in English), available for free at cultural hotspots in the Netherlands and abroad. PLEASE NOTE: Each issue has its own theme and deadline, check website for details.
3 (a short, short film festival)
This growing international festival is celebrating its second year! We're looking for films, three minutes or less. Prizes! For information and an application: